UIA REPORTS ON THE RESULTS OF THE FIRST HALF OF 2021
03.08.2021: Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) continues to work tirelessly to restore the original route network, gradually increasing the number of flights that the company was forced to cancel due to the global pandemic COVID-19.
UIA is ready to share the results of the work for the period from January 1 to June 30, 2021:
- Number of scheduled flights: 2039 thousand, which is 49% less than last year and 85% less than in 2019;
- Number of charter flights: 2108, compared to 266 flights in 2020 and from 1172 in 2019;
- Total number of the passengers: 1,088,928, which is 8% more than in the same period of 2020 and 71% less in 2019;
- Passengers of regular flights: 375 346 (917 359 for 2020 and 3 384 536 in 2019);
- Passengers of charter flights: 713,564 (83,470 in 2020 and 433,888 in 2019);
- The volume of cargo and mail transported (on both scheduled and charter flights) is 1,937 tons, which is 45% less than in 2020 and 82% less than in 2019.
- Amount of refunds to passengers: more than 23 million USD since the beginning of 2021; for the entire period of crisis conditions during the pandemic from April 2020 - more than 44 million USD.
The airline continues to closely monitor the development of the epidemiological situation and the rules of border crossing in each country to which it operates. In addition, UIA reminds of its readiness for further resumption of flights, taking into account the positive epidemiological indicators and subject to obtaining permits to operate flights.
UIA strongly advises to monitor the rules of border crossing and carefully read the information on the epidemiological restrictions of a destination country.