Civil air transportation history in Subcarpathia starts in 1959, with the introduction of the first passenger flight route, Stanislav - Moscow.
Three years later, in 1962, first airport was built in the city, subsequently promoted to international status in1992. It is located in the city suburbs, near Opryshkivstsi village. The airport was completely rebuilt in 1990.
1990 - new runway added, capable of taking in 1st class aircraft.
1993 - with the opening of the first international route, Ivano-Frankivsk - Manchester, Boeing 737 aircraft landed in the airport for the first time.
2010 - Skorzonera Ltd. won the right of concession of the airport.